Hear and see the keynote presentation by Michael Torgau from Jaguar Shears in Germany. This is a 2 part DVD and has the following information:
- Learn how and why different edges, blade radius and more are created for a particular shear and how it is designed for a specific cutting purpose.
- How Jaguar Shears are made in the factory in Germany. Watch video of actual manufacture of scissors in the plant.
- Learn about the individual categories of Jaguar screws with tips on sharpening angles, screws, and use.
- Find out the correct screw adjustment recommended by the factory for Jaguar shears as well as the correct angle on specific shears.
- Hear Michael answer questions from sharpeners.
This DVD was filmed on location at the Kansas City National Beauty Tool Sharpeners Guild in 2014 in front of a live audience of sharpeners. It utilizes two cameras and a power point presentation.
The National Beauty Tool Sharpeners Guild, Inc. is a tax exempt, 501(c)(3), domestic nonprofit corporation owned and operated by the individual sharpeners who are guild members. It is not owned by any one person, sharpening system, or company. Decisions are made by the voting sharpeners themselves, committees, board of directors, and the corporate officers in accordance with the Bylaws and approved corporate policies.
The NBTSG provides sharpening training to sharpeners to help them operate a successful sharpening business.